Caretaker – Grade 5 (£19698 – £20903 – full time salary)
Required – as soon as possible
10 hours per week
This is a rare opportunity to join us on our pursuit to become an ‘outstanding’ Alternative Provision Academy and centre of excellence for inclusive education. This is an exciting time to become part of the Chaselea family as we continue our new journey with a new Headteacher and having joined the Manor Hall Academy Trust.
Chaselea is proud to:
– be a pupil centered, supportive and improvement focused school;
– have supportive, forward thinking and positive leadership and management teams;
– show commitment to workload regulation and staff wellbeing;
– teach in small class sizes enabling rapid progress and maximum achievement;
– be innovative, flexible and continually review our progressive curriculum;
– offer genuine opportunity to develop personally and professionally;
– be open to innovation, new ideas and developmental suggestions;
– work in partnership with the Academy Trust, the District, external services and agencies and the Local Authority for the betterment of the young people.
Chaselea wish to appoint an experienced caretaker to join a dedicated team of staff in an alternative provision academy. As a School Caretaker, you will be an experienced facilities professional who supervises work across the school with both external and internal contractors. You will have keyholder responsibilities and will be expected to:
· Communicate effectively with the senior management team to ensure projects are completed on time.
· Carry out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs.
· Ensure the building and grounds are secure when not in use.
· Open the building in the morning.
· Ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are checked regularly to ensure they are operational.
· Take responsibility for ordering equipment relevant to your role.
· For further details of expectations please see the Caretaker job profile.
We would welcome any prospective applicants who wish to visit the school prior to application. We have set aside three appointments for tours to meet key staff and explore the school. These are Wednesday 12th January at 1000, Monday 17th January at 1100 and Tuesday 25th January at 1430. If you would like to attend one of these dates then please either ring the school office on 01543 227950, or email email@example.com.
This position is subject to references and an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation if Offenders Act 1974.
Closing date for applications: 17:00 Friday 28th January 2022
Short listing: Monday 31st January 2022
Interviews: Thursday 3rd February 2022
Please post, or email application forms and recruitment monitoring forms:
F.A.O. Mr Paul Archer, Headteacher, Chaselea Alternative Provision Academy, Avon Road, Cannock, WS11 1LH
Tel: 01543 227095 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org